Fighting the Right Way
When people first meet me, they tend to see me as calm, cordial, and rational. Although these things are certainly true, I am an aggressive litigator when your case warrants me to be. If there's anything I've learned in my decades of practice, it's the value of a tactful and balanced approach.
It’s because of this approach, I think, that I’ve been able to establish so many constructive professional relationships. In fact, I’ve spent the last 25 years building rapport with attorneys not just in and around Jacksonville, but also in Tampa, Sarasota, and throughout the entire state of Florida.
Years of experience have taught me that having this network of professional resources benefits everyone involved in a personal injury case. With relationships based on mutual respect, I can always find the right source of counsel in unique circumstances. In addition, I can make appropriate referrals as needed, to the benefit of clients and colleagues alike. And finally, I can give opposing counsel the chance to work with me rather than fight against me to find a fair resolution.
Cordiality has its limits, though, and whenever the opposing counsel and I don’t see eye to eye on what truly is a “fair resolution,” they quickly learn just how competitive I can be.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1987
- Florida, 1986
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1986, J.D.
- University of Texas, 1982, B.A.
Professional Association & Membership
- Florida Bar Fourth Circuit Grievance Committee ‘A’, 1999 – 2002, Member
- Florida Bar Fourth Circuit Grievance Committee ‘A’, 2000 – 2002, Chair
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section, 1986 – Present, Member
- American Bar Association
- Florida Association for Justice
Pro Bono Activities
- Youth Soccer Club Board, 2001 – 2003; 2014; Pro Bono Legal Advisor 2014 - present
- Duval County School Advisory Committee for Stanton College Preparatory School, 2006 – 2010
- Duval County School Advisory Committee for Darnell-Cookman Middle School, 2004 – 2008